Bee’s Sugar Cookies Recipe
2/3 cup of shortening
2/3 cup of butter (room temperature)
1 1/2 cup of white sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1) Cream together the shortening, butter and sugar.
2) Stir in the eggs and vanilla
3) Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, then add it to the bowl and mix it in until a dough is formed.
4) Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes. While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees centigrade
5) Roll dough into walnut sized balls and place them about 2 inches apart on a baking tray (Bee uses parchment paper)
6) Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Until the bottoms start turning slightly brown.
7) Cool on a wire rack.
8) Decorate with cookie icing.
(Note: if you find the dough too flaky and dry when you take it out of the fridge, you can add a tiny bit of water to bind it)
I will definitely try making these, even if the holidays are over- there is never a bad time for yummy cookies!